Make a difference to bereaved children in Nottinghamshire and Lincolnshire
We are a small charity but thanks to the vital support of volunteers, we have helped hundreds of local children and families who have been bereaved or affected by loss or terminal illness. To ensure we can support many more, could you help us?
We know time is precious. Giving a little of your time and volunteering for us will be a fun and rewarding experience and you will be a valued member of our team. Volunteering can also help to reduce stress, keep you mentally stimulated, provide a sense of purpose and develop new/existing skills. Whatever time you can give, whether it is a few hours a year, or a week, it will help local children and young people to have better futures.
In return, you will be a valued member of our team, have an enjoyable role and the opportunity to take part in training if required and we can provide references to help support any future job applications.
See below for the wide range of opportunities we have available. For more information or an informal chat, please call our Volunteer Co-ordinator Olivia Bradford on 01636 551739, email: firstname.lastname@example.org or fill in the online form below and we will be in touch.
Volunteer to directly support our Children & Families:
- Experienced Volunteer Counsellor providing 1:1 counselling and/or bereavement support weekly (minimum 4 hours per week) for children, young people and/or adults.
- Volunteer Bereavement Support Worker providing weekly bereavement support for children and/or young people (minimum 4 hours per week).
- Family Group Support Volunteer – to support children and/or parents & carers at our 4-weekly Bereaved Family Groups in Nottinghamshire (minimum 4 consecutive Saturdays per year)
Volunteer at our Newark Centre:
- Service Support Coordinator Volunteer – to assist with the organisation of social and therapeutic events and activities to support children, young people and their parents/carers, for a minimum of 4 hours per week.
- Volunteer Fundraising Assistant – to support our Fundraiser and fundraising volunteers involving a wide range of administration – hours by arrangement each week.
- Volunteer Marketing Coordinator – to play a key part in developing our marketing messages and communicating them effectively throughout Nottinghamshire and Lincolnshire.
- Volunteer Graphic Designer – to develop and shape our brand and all marketing materials including fundraising products, event and conference materials and website.
Volunteer in your Community:
- Collection Box Coordinator Volunteer – emptying and replacing collection boxes/tins on our behalf, a few hours each month in your local community.
- Charity Ambassador – to be a voice for children who have been bereaved and how the charity helps them, from a few hours each month.
- Volunteer Event Helper -to support events in a variety of ways from manning stands, selling merchandise, bag packing, collecting at events, cheering participants on at events, marshalling and/or giving out prizes and medals, from a few hours per month or year.
- Fundraising Group Member – to assist us in starting up a fundraising group in your local area to create a local event, to meet as required, working together to recruit family, friends, colleagues and/or the community.
‘I love being a volunteer for the Children’s Bereavement Centre. The charity does amazing things and I’m so honoured to be part of the team. They care so much for not only their clients but the people that all work together as a team to provide this incredible service. I have been given training that has been both helpful to me as a person and as a volunteer and through the CBC support I’ve now taken the plunge to study counselling at college.’
‘I enjoy volunteering with CBC because I really believe that the work CBC does and what I can offer as a volunteer can make a huge difference to people’s lives. I also enjoy helping people through difficult and challenging times. The staff at CBC are very accommodating and friendly towards volunteers and will help you out a lot, which makes CBC a great place to volunteer. Finally, the training offered before you start is very comprehensive and gives you the confidence you need to start volunteering.’